● Development of consciousness
Gebser—from a phylogenetic perspective (i.e., humanity as a whole)
Jung—from an ontogonic perspective (i.e., of the individual)
● Development toward wholeness
● Centrality of the spiritual/sacred
● Recognition of the influence of the primordial, that-which-is-ancient, that which is ground or source, in present times
Gebser—the archaic, magic, mythic structures of consciousness
● Recognizing many modes of consciousness, multiple ways we are conscious of the world and of ourselves
Gebser—structures of consciousness (archaic, magic, mythic, mental, integral)
Jung—psychological functions (intuiting, sensing, feeling, thinking types)
How do these notions help us deal concretely with changing environmental, social, political, and emotional realities?
How might a person of individuating integrity participate in our planetary crises?